Check out my budget for a spring getaway trip to Europe.
Though Basel wasn’t exactly on my bucket list, I thoroughly enjoyed exploring this charming and very artistic city perched on the Rhine river. I was lucky to reunite with a friend who has the pleasure of calling this city home.
Fun Facts about Basel
- The Rhine river which is a prominent watercourse throughout the city flows through Switzerland, France, Germany, and the Netherlands.
- Basel is Switzerland’s third largest city.
- Swiss German is the official language.
- The popular art show Art Basel began in Basel in 1970 by Basel gallerists.
- The Swiss franc is the only accepted currency, CHF in Switzerland.
- I arrived at EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg, Basel’s international airport, which is actually located in France. Because of its location, it has three codes: EAP, MLH, and BSL.